VS bedreigen KLM-blogger na bom-Nigeriaan

Antid Oto aorta at HOME.NL
Mon Jan 4 12:14:08 CET 2010

REPLY TO: D66 at nic.surfnet.nl

ceesbink at xs4all.nl wrote:

> Twee bloggers zijn door de Amerikaanse overheid bedreigd omdat ze de
> nieuwe richtlijnen voor het fouilleren van passagiers publiceerden. De
> richtlijn werd op 27 december, twee dagen na de mislukte bomaanslag, naar
> verschillende luchthavens en luchtvaartmaatschappijen verstuurd.

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
Transportation Security Administration

Aviation Security Directive

Subject: Security Directive
Number: SD 1544-09-06
Date: December 25, 2009

EXPIRATION: 0200Z on December 30, 2009

This Security Directive (SD) must be implemented immediately. The
measures contained in this SD are in addition to all other SDs
currently in effect for your operations.

INFORMATION: On December 25, 2009, a terrorist attack was attempted
against a flight traveling to the United States. TSA has identified
security measures to be implemented by airports, aircraft operators,
and foreign air carriers to mitigate potential threats to flights.

APPLICABILITY: THIS SD APPLIES TO AIRCRAFT OPERATORS THAT CARRY OUT A
SECURITY PROGRAM REGULATED UNDER 49 CODE OF FEDERAL REGULATIONS
(CFR)1544.101(a).

ACTIONS REQUIRED: If you conduct scheduled and/or public charter
flight operations under a Full Program under 49 CFR 1544.101(a)
departing from any foreign location to the United States (including
its territories and possessions), you must immediately implement all
measures in this SD for each such flight.

1. BOARDING GATE

1. The aircraft operator or authorized air carrier representative must
ensure all passengers are screened at the boarding gate during the
boarding process using the following procedures. These procedures are
in addition to the screening of all passengers at the screening
checkpoint.

1. Perform thorough pat-down of all passengers at boarding gate prior
to boarding, concentrating on upper legs and torso.
2. Physically inspect 100 percent of all passenger accessible property
at the boarding gate prior to boarding, with focus on syringes being
transported along with powders and/or liquids.
3. Ensure the liquids, aerosols, and gels restrictions are strictly
adhered to in accordance with SD 1544-06-02E.

2. During the boarding process, the air carrier may exempt passengers
who are Heads of State or Heads of Government from the measures
outlined in Section I.A. of this SD, including the following who are
traveling with the Head of State or Head of Government:

1. Spouse and children, or
2. One other individual (chosen by the Head of State or Head of
Government)

3. For the purposes of Section I.B., the following definitions apply:

1. Head of State: An individual serving as the chief public
representative of a monarchic or republican nation-state, federation,
commonwealth, or any other political state (for example, King, Queen,
and President).

2. Head of Government: The chief officer of the executive branch of a
government presiding over a cabinet (for example, Prime Minister,
Premier, President, and Monarch).

2. IN FLIGHT

1. During flight, the aircraft operator must ensure that the following
procedures are followed:

1. Passengers must remain in seats beginning 1 hour prior to arrival
at destination.
2. Passenger access to carry-on baggage is prohibited beginning 1 hour
prior to arrival at destination.
3. Disable aircraft-integrated passenger communications systems and
services (phone, internet access services, live television
programming, global positioning systems) prior to boarding and during
all phases of flight.
4. While over U.S. airspace, flight crew may not make any announcement
to passengers concerning flight path or position over cities or landmarks.
5. Passengers may not have any blankets, pillows, or personal
belongings on the lap beginning 1 hour prior to arrival at destination.

AIRCRAFT OPERATOR ACKNOWLEDGMENT: The aircraft operator must
immediately provide written confirmation to its assigned PSI
indicating receipt of this SD.

AIRCRAFT OPERATOR dissemination required: The aircraft operator must
immediately pass the information and directives set forth in this SD
to all stations affected, and provide written confirmation to its PSI,
indicating that all stations affected have acknowledged receipt of the
information and directives set forth in this SD. The aircraft operator
must disseminate this information to its senior management personnel,
ground security coordinators, and supervisory security personnel at
all affected locations. All aircraft operator personnel implementing
this SD must be briefed by the aircraft operator on its content and
the restrictions governing dissemination. No other dissemination may
be made without prior approval of the Assistant Secretary for the
Transportation Security Administration. Unauthorized dissemination of
this document or information contained herein is prohibited by 49 CFR
Part 1520 (see 69 Fed. Reg. 28066 (May 18, 2004).

APPROVAL OF ALTERNATIVE MEASURES: With respect to the provisions of
this SD, as stated in 49 CFR 1544.305(d), the aircraft operator may
submit in writing to its PSI proposed alternative measures and the
basis for submitting the alternative measures for approval by the
Assistant Administrator for Transportation Sector Network Management.
The aircraft operator must immediately notify its PSI whenever any
procedure in this SD cannot be carried out by a government authority
charged with performing security procedures.

FOR TSA ACTION ONLY: The TSA must issue this SD immediately to the
corporate security element of all affected U.S. aircraft operators.

FOR STATE DEPARTMENT: Retransmittal to appropriate foreign posts is
authorized. Post must refer to STATE 162917, 201826Z Sep 01, Subject:
FAA Security Directives and Information Circulars: Definitions and
Handling, for specific guidance and dissemination.

Gale Rossides
Acting Administrator