nog een ´jarige´ ....

Henk Elegeert hmje at HOME.NL
Sun Aug 10 23:15:31 CEST 2008

REPLY TO: D66 at nic.surfnet.nl

"
Ten years ago, on August 10, 1998, the IESG announced the protocol
action to make a set of Internet-Drafts into Draft Standards, now RFC
2460 to RFC 2463.  For many of us this marked the end of the gestation
and the start of what has become a long, long deployment process.

In these ten years, the IETF has come a long way toward understanding
what is needed to get protocols actually deployed (see RFC 5218 for a
recent milestone).  Now that the recognition for the need for IPv6 has
made it into the mainstream, I hope we can translate this knowledge
into the final steps necessary to help make it happen.  I'm looking
forward to a happy confirmation/first communion/bar mitzvah/... for
IPv6 three years from now when there will no longer be any way around
it.

Gruesse, Carsten
"

Helaas geen link ...