Interessant artikel over besluitvorming intellectueel eigendom

Martijn Meijering mmeijeri at XS4ALL.NL
Fri Apr 22 20:26:48 CEST 2005

REPLY TO: D66 at nic.surfnet.nl

"In two earlier columns on Europe’s database directive, and European
public information, I pointed out that our policy-process is almost
evidence-free. New rights are created on the basis of anecdote and
scaremongering. There are other examples and they are not confined to
Europe.

[snip]

It is as if we had signed an international stupidity pact, one that
required us to ignore the evidence, to hand out new rights without asking
for the simplest assessment of need. If the stakes were trivial, no one
would care. But intellectual property (IP) is important. These are the
ground rules of the information society. Mistakes hurt us. They have costs
to free speech, competition, innovation, and science. Why are we making
them?"

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/39b697dc-b25e-11d9-bcc6-00000e2511c8.html

Bovenstaand artikel komt uit de Financial Times, bepaald niet een krant
die je ervan zou verdenken geheime antipathieen tegen intellectueel
eigendom te koesteren.