[D66] [JD: 19] SR Film Festival NY

R.O. juggoto at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 01:10:57 CET 2021

https://www.counterpunch.org/2021/03/12/the-2021-socially-relevant-film-festival/

March 12, 2021

  The 2021 Socially Relevant Film Festival
  <https://www.counterpunch.org/2021/03/12/the-2021-socially-relevant-film-festival/>

by Louis Proyect <https://www.counterpunch.org/author/lp/>

Starting next Monday and ending on Sunday March 21^st , the Socially
Relevant Film Festival <https://www.ratedsrfilms.org/> will present
dozens of films through a virtual theater. Like last year, the pandemic
has had an impact not only on this festival but all theaters in New York
that cater to leading edge independent work. The big commercial theaters
like AMC have opened under conditions of social distancing but the best
leading-edge houses like Film Forum are streaming only. On the plus
side, people everywhere will be able to see SR Festival films for $7
each, with a festival ticket <https://srff.sparqfest.live/en/index.html>
available for $75.