[D66] Mikovits komt weer langs... (Wuhan Coronavirus 2019-nCoV #326)

Dr. Marc-Alexander Fluks fluks at combidom.com
Sat Sep 26 11:55:55 CEST 2020

Bron:   Jezebel
Datum:  23 september 2020
Auteur: Esther Wang

Eat, pray, conspiracy: How the wellness world embraced QAnon

The first sign for Hala Khouri that something dangerous, if not exactly
new, was spreading in her world of health practitioners was Plandemic, a
viral video filled with misinformation and conspiracy theories about the
spread of covid-19. Friends and acquaintances, all people that Khouri, a
yoga instructor and founder of the activist collective Off the Mat Into
the World, described as fellow spiritual travelers, shared the viral
26-minute video with her and urged her to watch. They believed that
Plandemic was full of revealing truths.

The slickly produced, sombre-toned 'documentary,' is largely a lengthy
interview with the discredited scientist and medical conspiracist Dr.
Judy Mikovits, who's portrayed as a stern-faced Cassandra. '[I]f we
don't stop this now, we can not only forget our republic and our
freedom, we can forget our humanity because we'll be killed by this
agenda,' Mikovits warns at the beginning.

But Khouri found it eye-opening for a different reason. She was alarmed
by its wildly outlandish claims, including that masks 'activate' the
novel coronavirus and that any future covid-19 vaccine will 'kill
millions.' When she questioned the documentary in comments on Facebook,
Khouri said that she got 'slammed.'

'Do your research,' she recalled people telling her. 'You don't know
what you're talking about. You're afraid to see the truth.'

She shared articles from the fact-checking website Snopes.com to push
back and was told sneeringly that the site was run by the government and
not to be trusted. 'That's when it became very real to me,' she told
Jezebel. In a moment, she realized that a disturbingly large number of
people in the loosely defined health and wellness community, one whose
members have already proven themselves over the years to be remarkably
susceptible to unverified and refuted claims on everything from vaccines
to toxins to supplements, were quickly being radicalized online.

(...)

--------
(c) 2020 G/O Media Inc.