[D66] WHO over 'Plandemic'

Dr. Marc-Alexander Fluks fluks at combidom.com
Mon Aug 31 12:20:28 CEST 2020

[Dit is waar ik het laatselijk over had. De voorlaatste regel kan Van
Dissel in z'n zak steken]

Bron:  World Health Organization
Datum: 25 augustus 2020

Immunizing the public against misinformation

Soon after the world started getting used to the terms coronavirus and
COVID-19, WHO coined another word: 'infodemic' - an overabundance of
information and the rapid spread of misleading or fabricated news,
images, and videos. Like the virus, it is highly contagious and grows
exponentially. It also complicates COVID-19 pandemic response efforts.
'We're not just battling the virus,' said WHO Director-General Tedros
Adhanom Ghebreyesus. 'We're also battling the trolls and conspiracy
theorists that push misinformation and undermine the outbreak response.'

(...)

One flagrant example of this is 'Plandemic,' a 26-minute conspiracy
theory video that falsely accuses Dr Anthony Fauci, the leading
infectious disease expert in the United States, of manufacturing the
virus and sending it to China. The same video falsely claims that
wearing masks will lead to self-infection. More than 8 million people
watched the video across social media before it was taken down.

(...)

--------
(c) 2020 WHO