Fwd: My Report to President Obama

Henk Elegeert hmje at HOME.NL
Wed Feb 17 17:44:26 CET 2010

REPLY TO: D66 at nic.surfnet.nl

FYI:

 Vice President Joe Biden, The White House
*
*Date: 2010/2/17

    [image: The White House, Washington]

 Good Morning,

A year ago, President Obama signed the Recovery Act, a bold initiative not
only to rescue our country from a potential second Great Depression but also
to build a new economic foundation for the future of our Nation. At that
time, we were in an economic freefall -- hemorrhaging more than 700,000 jobs
a month with the middle class under assault and financial institutions on
the brink of collapse.

One year later, I’ve prepared a report for the President on the impact of
the Recovery Act. Even though we have much more to do, the evidence is
clear: the Recovery Act is working.

Before I give you the hard facts, take a look at this video featuring
several Mayors -- officials on the front lines of this economic crisis --
who discuss the impact of the Recovery
Act.<http://links.whitehouse.gov/track?type=click&enid=bWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTAwMjE3LjMyMDExJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDEwMDIxNy4zMjAxMSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTEyMTU2ODg5ODkmZW1haWxpZD1oLmVsZWdlZXJ0QGdtYWlsLmNvbSZ1c2VyaWQ9aC5lbGVnZWVydEBnbWFpbC5jb20mZXh0cmE9JiYm&&&100&&&http://www.whitehouse.gov/recovery?utm_source=oneyear&utm_medium=email&utm_content=text&utm_campaign=recovery>

Now here are some facts from the report I hope you’ll share far and wide:

   - *2 Million Jobs:* Public and private forecasters ranging from the
   Council of Economic Advisors to Moody’s Economy and IHS Global now say the
   Recovery Act is responsible for about 2 million jobs nationwide.
   - *Economic Growth:* We recently learned that our economy grew 5.7
   percent in the fourth quarter -- the biggest gain in six years that many
   economists say is largely due to the Recovery Act.
   - *Tax Relief: *The Recovery Act provided over $100 billion in tax relief
   for American businesses and families.
   - *Aid to Small Businesses:* This past year, the Recovery Act supplied
   over 42,000 small business loans that provided nearly $20 billion in
   much-needed capital.
   - *Building a New Foundation: *The Recovery Act funded tens of thousands
   of projects nationwide this year that are not only creating jobs right now,
   but also laying a long-term foundation for economic growth, including
   investments in high-speed rail, health technology, broadband, a smarter
   electrical grid, clean cars and batteries, and renewable energy.

My entire report to the President is available on WhiteHouse.gov/Recovery,
and it details specific recovery projects across America. So take a look at
what’s happening in your part of the country:

[image: Learn More]<http://links.whitehouse.gov/track?type=click&enid=bWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTAwMjE3LjMyMDExJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDEwMDIxNy4zMjAxMSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTEyMTU2ODg5ODkmZW1haWxpZD1oLmVsZWdlZXJ0QGdtYWlsLmNvbSZ1c2VyaWQ9aC5lbGVnZWVydEBnbWFpbC5jb20mZXh0cmE9JiYm&&&101&&&http://www.whitehouse.gov/recovery?utm_source=oneyear&utm_medium=email&utm_content=ps&utm_campaign=recovery>
<http://links.whitehouse.gov/track?type=click&enid=bWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTAwMjE3LjMyMDExJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDEwMDIxNy4zMjAxMSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTEyMTU2ODg5ODkmZW1haWxpZD1oLmVsZWdlZXJ0QGdtYWlsLmNvbSZ1c2VyaWQ9aC5lbGVnZWVydEBnbWFpbC5jb20mZXh0cmE9JiYm&&&102&&&http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/01/11/where-weve-been-where-we-are-where-were-headed/?e=24&ref=text>

While we’ve made tremendous progress, our work is far from finished. Many
projects are just now getting underway that will be creating jobs throughout
2010 and beyond. And on behalf of the President, I can say our
Administration will not stop until every man or woman who wants a job can
find one.

But one year in, the Recovery Act has helped pull us back from the brink of
economic disaster and is helping lay a firm foundation for our economic
recovery.

Thank you,

Joe Biden
Vice President

P.S. Take a moment to check out the video, browse through the report and
share it with your friends and
neighbors.<http://links.whitehouse.gov/track?type=click&enid=bWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTAwMjE3LjMyMDExJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDEwMDIxNy4zMjAxMSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTEyMTU2ODg5ODkmZW1haWxpZD1oLmVsZWdlZXJ0QGdtYWlsLmNvbSZ1c2VyaWQ9aC5lbGVnZWVydEBnbWFpbC5jb20mZXh0cmE9JiYm&&&103&&&http://www.whitehouse.gov/recovery?utm_source=oneyear&utm_medium=email&utm_content=ps&utm_campaign=recovery>

[image: Visit WhiteHouse.gov]<http://links.whitehouse.gov/track?type=click&enid=bWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTAwMjE3LjMyMDExJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDEwMDIxNy4zMjAxMSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTEyMTU2ODg5ODkmZW1haWxpZD1oLmVsZWdlZXJ0QGdtYWlsLmNvbSZ1c2VyaWQ9aC5lbGVnZWVydEBnbWFpbC5jb20mZXh0cmE9JiYm&&&104&&&http://www.whitehouse.gov/?utm_source=oneyear&utm_medium=email&utm_content=whi&utm_campaign=recovery>

Please do not reply to this email. Contact the White
House<http://links.whitehouse.gov/track?type=click&enid=bWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTAwMjE3LjMyMDExJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDEwMDIxNy4zMjAxMSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTEyMTU2ODg5ODkmZW1haWxpZD1oLmVsZWdlZXJ0QGdtYWlsLmNvbSZ1c2VyaWQ9aC5lbGVnZWVydEBnbWFpbC5jb20mZXh0cmE9JiYm&&&107&&&http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact?utm_source=oneyear&utm_medium=email&utm_content=contact&utm_campaign=recovery>

The White House • 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW • Washington, DC 20500 •
202-456-1111