'Eco-psychologen' noemen klimaatskepsis voortaan een geestesziekte

Dr. Marc-Alexander Fluks fluks at COMBIDOM.COM
Tue Mar 10 16:40:12 CET 2009

REPLY TO: D66 at nic.surfnet.nl

Bron:   The Telegraph
Datum:  7 maart 2009
Auteur: Christopher Booker

Climate 'denial' is now a mental disorder
Christopher Booker is bemused by the wild rhetoric of the climate change lobby.

How odd that, last Monday, none of our media global warming groupies should
have bothered to report what was billed to be "the largest ever demonstration
for civil disobedience over climate change". There was talk of hundreds of
thousands of protestors converging on Washington to hear Jim Hansen, the
scientist who talks of coal-fired power stations as "factories of death",
call yet again for all coal plants to be closed. Perhaps the lack of coverage
was due to the fact that, before Hansen arrived to address a forlorn group of
several hundred hippies, Washington was blanketed in nearly a foot of snow.

It was generally another bad week for the warmists. The Met Office, which has
been one of the chief pushers of the global warming scare for 20 years, had
to admit that this has been "Britain's coldest winter for 13 years", despite
its prediction last September that the winter would be "milder than average".
This didn't of course stop it predicting that 2009 will be one of "the
top-five warmest years on record".

James Hansen: Prosecute oil companies, top scientist says

US climate sceptics such as those on the Watts Up With That website, for whom
the predictions of the UK Met Office have become a regular source of
amusement, recalled its forecast that 2007 would be "the warmest year on
record globally", just before global temperatures dived by nearly a full
degree Celsius, cancelling out the entire net warming of the past 100 years.

Ever wilder wax the beleaguered warmists in their rhetoric. Our science
minister Lord Drayson said last week he was "shocked" to find how many of the
captains of industry he meets are "climate deniers". This was the same Lord
Drayson who, as our defence procurement minister, assured Parliament in 2006
that Snatch Land Rovers afforded "the level of protection we need". The
continuing death toll of soldiers in these unprotected vehicles approaches
40.

Even Drayson is outbid, however, by the groupies in The Guardian, who now
suggest that people like Christopher Booker should no longer be compared to
"Holocaust deniers" but consigned to even more outer darkness by branding
them as climate "Creationists", the dirtiest word they know. Meanwhile at the
University of the West of England in Bristol this weekend, a conference of
"eco-psychologists", led by a professor, are solemnly exploring the notion
that "climate change denial" should be classified as a form of "mental
disorder".

I myself am off this weekend to New York, to join all the top "deniers",
"creationists" and victims of psychic disorder at a conference organised by
the Heartland Institute. It is an honour to be asked to speak alongside such
luminaries as Professor Richard Lindzen of MIT, Dr Fred Singer, founder of
the US satellite weather forecasting service, and the Czech President, Vaclav
Klaus (not to mention those two revered climate bloggers, Steve McIntyre of
Climate Audit and Anthony Watts). I shall report on this historic event next
week.

--------
(c) 2009 Telegraph Media Group Limited