Bush breidt oorlog uit naar Pakistan

Henk Elegeert hmje at HOME.NL
Sat Sep 13 00:04:42 CEST 2008

REPLY TO: D66 at nic.surfnet.nl

Op 12 september 2008 17:29 heeft Dr. Marc-Alexander Fluks
<fluks at combidom.com> het volgende geschreven:
> REPLY TO: D66 at nic.surfnet.nl
>
> Bron:  BN/De Stem
> Datum: 12 september 2008
>

> NAVO valt Pakistan niet binnen

> Het was de eerste keer dat Washington toegaf achter een actie in Pakistan te
> zitten. Amerikaanse betrokkenheid bij andere acties werd wel steeds vermoed,
> maar nooit bevestigd.

Het zit de Amerikanen al langer dwars ...

http://www.usip.org/pubs/usipeace_briefings/2007/0419_koenigs_afghanistan.html
"

The Pakistan Problem

The March 2007 UNSC report states that security incidents in January
2007 in provinces bordering Pakistan were double the number recorded
the previous year. This fact indicates the significance of Pakistan
and its policies toward the Afghan conflict. As long as the border
areas between the two countries remain a breeding ground for the
Taliban, special attention needs to be given to Pakistan. As in
Afghanistan, a lack of strong governance and structure in the rural
border regions of Pakistan is creating perfect conditions for the
insurgency to thrive, said Koenigs. Therefore, international support
for the border area in the form of development aid to Pakistan is a
vital component to resolving the Afghan issue.

In addition to international aid, however, Pakistan needs to take some
steps on its own in order to contribute to the stability of the
region. Koenigs specifically noted that Pakistan and Afghanistan need
to develop direct military cooperation, without an intermediary, in
order for healthy, constructive dialogue between the two countries to
commence. The two countries have no option but to work together to win
peace and stability in Afghanistan and the region as a whole, he said.
"

http://www.usip.org/events/2007/1207_afghanistan_pakistan.html
"
Sanctuary? The Afghanistan-Pakistan Border and Insurgency in the
1980s, 90s, and Today

The Afghanistan-Pakistan border region has been served as a sanctuary
and base of operations for insurgent movements for generations. During
the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan in the 1980s, billions of dollars
were channeled through the Pakistani government, military, and
intelligence services to fund a wide array of resistance groups.
Thousands of foreign militants, including Osama bin Laden, came to
support the struggle of the mujahideen, and spawned an international
jihadist movement. In the 1990s, the Taliban emerged from this region
to impose fundamentalist Islamic rule on Afghanistan, and today, the
Taliban, al-Qaeda, and other groups fight for control of this region
on both sides of the border, aiming to bring down the governments in
Kabul and Islamabad.

"

Bovendien, http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/11/26/gen.war.against.terror/
"Bush: 'We're smoking them out', zei hij al in November 26, 2001.

Die truc van zgn. even terugtrekken en vervolgens - op nog
onduidelijkere gronden - terugkeren kon je toen al zien aankomen. Zo
is ook helemaal niet duidelijk waarom wij daar uberhaupt (nog) zitten.
Behalve dan dat we wat kannonenvlees over schijnen te hebben, en waar
we kennelijk heel graag van af willen. Tuurlijk zeggen we dat weer
niet hardop, anders wordt het nog weer veel zinlozer dan het al was
... Wie weet krijgen we er ooit nog eens een pluim voor in de reet
geschoven, door de Amerikanen, en voor het in stand houden van
dergelijke/hun illusies. De war on drugs goes - sowieso - on.

Henk Elegeert

The owls are not what they seem
Zie:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7ONE4JrehQ