Broeikas-guru Gore lichtte de boel -letterlijk - op

Dr. Marc-Alexander Fluks fluks at COMBIDOM.COM
Thu Mar 1 17:21:28 CET 2007

REPLY TO: D66 at nic.surfnet.nl

Bron:  Mail Guardian
Datum: 1 maart 2007
Opm:   Deze week onthult HP/DeTijd dat de Volkskrant broeikas-sceptici
       doelbewust de mond snoert,
          Bek houden. De wetenschapschef van de Volkskrant blijkt er nogal
          totalitaire ideeen op na te houden. Wat hem betreft worden dissi-
          denten in de klimaatdiscussie doodgezwegen.
       't Is toch wat met het nieuwe geloof...
Ref:   Momenteel stroomt het nieuws Internet op,
       http://news.google.com/news?q=Drew+Johnson

An inconvenient truth: Al Gore's bloated bills

(...)

A little-known group based in his home state, the Tennessee Centre for Policy
Research, had the idea of looking up Gore's energy bills for his large home in
the Belle Meade area of Nashville to see whether he practised what he preached.

The headline figures, released to the group under federal freedom of information
rules, were striking. Last year the Gore household consumed 221000 kilowatt-
hours (kWh) of electricity -- more than 20 times the national annual average.

His household consumption of energy rose between 2005 and 2006, the bills
showed, from 16200 kWh a month to 18400 kWh last year. In addition, he spent
on average $1080 a month on natural gas. Combined, his electricity and gas
bills reached almost $30000.

The group released the information on Monday night under the title "Al Gore's
personal energy use is his own inconvenient truth". Its president, Drew Johnson,
told the Guardian that he had no objection to someone spending $30000 on energy
to light and heat a multimillion-dollar house. "I only have a problem with that
person telling us what light-bulbs to buy and that we should get a new low-
energy refrigerator. That's hypocrisy, and I'm proud to have exposed it," he
said.

(...)

--------
(c) 2007 Guardian News and Media