Vlaai of Taart?

Antid Oto antidoto at HOME.NL
Fri May 6 10:48:09 CEST 2005

REPLY TO: D66 at nic.surfnet.nl

http://members.tripod.com/taart/english.html

1. For years now, the EMU project (Economic and Monetary
Union) has been an excuse for politicians and the corporate
world to annoy the European population with budget-cuts and
reorganisations. Because we had to be ready for the euro and
catch up with the EMU criteria! In the future, downsizing,
public spending cuts and reorganisations will become
structural policy, thanks to the Stability Pact. Governments
have to balance their budgets according to this pact, and
are not allowed to spend too much money on for example
social security and health care. If not, they will be
punished by the omnipotent and unaccountable European
Central Bank. The euro - we're all going to pay for this.
Or, talking in Zalm-speak: "we have to increase the safety
margins".

2. For the business world, the euro offers lots of
advantages, but european citizens won't taste the benefits.
Just like always, europeans will have to pay for using cash
points, changing valuta and bank transactions. All the euro
propaganda with which the government harassed us (tv ads,
billboards, government leaflets, free info lines, newspaper
advertisements etc) prove to be based on lies. The euro
offers beautiful possibilities for companies to increase
their monstruous profits. A strong, stable currency; a
uniform, transparent market.... european politicians are
trying their very best to create the most ideal
circumstances for companies. Like Dutch Bank director Nout
Wellink explained: "maintaining the Stability Pact is
crucial for the trust of the private sector".

3. Entirely according to European Union traditions, the
european population was not included in the decision to
introduce the euro. The euro will be for all of us! the
European Commission says, but no-one voted for it! Just a
few countries had a referendum on the subject. Dutch
politicians must be thinking the population is too stupid to
have a say in this. And now we are told - like we are little
children - to be very happy with the new currency. What a shame!

4. The euro is the next in a series of megalomanic plans,
thought out by euro-fanatics who only think in terms of
economic growth, ideal circumstances for companies and the
competing power of the EU. The European Union is beginning
to look more and more like an economic-monetary dictatorship
in which european politicians obediently realise the wishes
of corporate Europe, at the cost of european citizens.

T.A.A.R.T. does not feel sad about the disappearing of the
dutch Guilder, but opposes a unified Europe in which
monetary and economic interests prevail, without the
population having any say in this. T.A.A.R.T. is in favour
of true international cooperation, not based on money and
corporate interests, but on solidarity, hospitality, fair
trade and true democracy.

NO to a europe of bankers and companies!!! international
solidarity instead of euro-dictatorship!!!

Long live the Fourth International!