Spoedoverleg Ministers van Financien Eurozone

Dr. Marc-Alexander Fluks fluks at DDS.NL
Tue Jun 7 16:23:13 CEST 2005

REPLY TO: D66 at nic.surfnet.nl

Zie:
   http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/06/07/eu.main/index.html?section=cnn_latest
Alwaar dermate stevig wordt ontkend dat er iets aan de hand is (alhoewel
de Euro een dieptepunt tegen Euro en Pond bereikte) dat een mens zich
afvraagt waarom men dan bijeen komt...

Uiteraard is iedereen gek:

"You will have heard that in Italy there were certain fairly absurd statements
according to which the question may arise of a country leaving the euro
and I said right away that we weren't going to discuss such nonsense,"
Juncker told a news conference. "Not because we would be totally unable to
do so but because the fact that this is really quite absurd," he said.

Other ministers called the Italian remarks "irresponsible" and "stupid"
and Spanish Finance Minister Pedro Solbes said that for Italy to leave the
euro was "completely out of the question."