Iranese homo-executie blijkt verzinsel

Henk Elegeert HmjE at HOME.NL
Fri Jul 29 09:43:21 CEST 2005

REPLY TO: D66 at nic.surfnet.nl

Dr. Marc-Alexander Fluks wrote:

> REPLY TO: D66 at nic.surfnet.nl
>
>  Het persbericht waar Fritz van Rikxoort <fritz at RIKXOORT.DEMON.NL> naar
>  refereert als hij schrijft...
>
>>Die andere 4000 en alle vrouwen hadden ook hun misdaden begaan zogenaamd.
>
>  ...staat op:
>     http://www.ukgaynews.org.uk/Archive/2005july/2601.htm
>
>  Als we dat naast het Persbricht van Reuters,
>     http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/HRW/3149595c5fc7f67d20f3f1c382787b81.htm
>  leggen dan valt op,
>   * ukgaynews.org.uk blijft volhouden dat het om tieners gaat. Strict ge-
>     sproken mag dat zo zijn maar voor de wet zijn deze mensen volwassen en
>     daar gaat het om.

Lees het bericht eens...

>   * ukgaynews.org.uk doet voorkomen dat het gaat om de seksuele geaardheid
>     van de veroordeelden.

Hebben zij het weer gedaan. :(

Kortom: je bent van harte welkom in Iran whatever je seksuele
geaardheid? De strop hangt klaar!

>   * ukgaynews.org.uk doet voorkomen dat de berichtgeving is overgenomen van
>     IRIN van de VN van 26 juli 2005. Op,
>         http://www.irinnews.org/Asiafp.asp
>     komt het persbericht echter niet voor.

http://www.irinnews.org/report.asp?ReportID=48274&SelectRegion=Asia&SelectCountry=IRAN
IRIN Asia | Asia | IRAN | IRAN: Activists condemn execution of gay teens
| Human Rights | Breaking News

"
Asgari had been accused of raping a 13-year-old boy, though Outrage
believed those allegations were trumped up to undermine public sympathy
for the two youths, both of whom maintain they were unaware homosexual
acts were punishable by death, an AP news report said on Sunday.

Citing Iranian human rights campaigners, Outrage claims over 4,000
lesbians and gay men have been executed since the Iranian revolution of
1979. In total, an estimated 100,000 Iranians have been put to death
over the last 26 years of clerical rule, including women who had sex
outside of marriage and political opponents of the Islamist government.

According to ILGA, Iran is one of at least seven countries today which
still retain capital punishment for homosexuality. Others include
Mauritania, Sudan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Yemen. The
situation with regard to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is unclear.

In the wake of the hangings, Amnesty International (AI) on Friday called
on Tehran to put a final stop to state executions, explaining as a state
party to the International Convention on Civil and Political Rights
(ICCPR) and the CRC, Iran had undertaken not to execute anyone for an
offence committed when they were under the age of 18.

For the past four years, the Iranian authorities have been considering
legislation that would prohibit the use of the death penalty for
offences committed by persons under the age of 18. Under Article 1210(1)
of Iran’s Civil Code, the ages of 15 lunar years for boys and nine lunar
years for girls are set out as the age of criminal responsibility, an AI
statement said.

In January 2005, following its consideration of Iran's second periodic
report on its implementation of the provisions of the CRC, the United
Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child, the body of independent
experts established under this Convention to monitor states parties'
compliance with the treaty, urged Iran:

"to take the necessary steps to immediately suspend the execution of all
death penalties imposed on persons for having committed a crime before
the age of 18, to take the appropriate legal measures to convert them to
penalties in conformity with the provisions of the Convention and to
abolish the death penalty as a sentence imposed on persons for having
committed crimes before the age of 18, as required by article 37 of the
Convention."
"

Henk Elegeert