Eenmaal een rat..

Antid Oto antidoto at HOME.NL
Tue Apr 19 20:43:54 CEST 2005

REPLY TO: D66 at nic.surfnet.nl

Bij een Duitse pantzerkardinaal als tussenpaus lijkt me een
citaat uit Nietschze op zijn plaats..

In Christianity neither morality nor religion has even a
single point of contact with reality. Nothing but imaginary
causes (“God,” “soul,” “ego,” “spirit,” “free will”—for that
matter, “unfree will”), nothing but imaginary effects
(“sin,” “redemption,” “grace,” “punishment,” “forgiveness of
sins”). Intercourse between imaginary beings (“God,”
“spirits,” “souls”); an imaginary natural science
(anthropocentric; no trace of any concept of natural
causes); an imaginary psychology (nothing but
self-misunderstandings, interpretations of agreeable or
disagreeable general feelings—for example, of the states of
the nervus sympathicus—with the aid of the sign language of
the religio-moral idiosyncrasy: “repentance,” “pangs of
conscience,” “temptation by the devil,” “the presence of
God”); an imaginary teleology (“the kingdom of God,” “the
Last Judgment,” “eternal life”).— This world of pure fiction
is vastly inferior to the world of dreams insofar as the
latter mirrors reality, whereas the former falsifies,
devalues, and negates reality. Once the concept of “nature”
had been invented as the opposite of “God,” “natural” had to
become a synonym of “reprehensible”: this whole world of
fiction is rooted in hatred of the natural (of reality!—);
it is the expression of a profound vexation at the sight of
reality ... But this explains everything. Who alone has good
reason to lie his way out of reality? He who suffers from
it. But to suffer from reality is to be a piece of reality
that has come to grief ... The preponderance of feelings of
displeasure over feelings of pleasure is the cause of this
fictitious morality and religion; but such a preponderance
provides the very formula for décadence ...

... This eternal indictment of Christianity I will write on
all walls, wherever there are walls—I have letters to make
even the blind see ... I call Christianity the one great
curse, the one great innermost corruption, the one great
instinct of revenge, for which no means is poisonous,
stealthy, subterranean, small enough—I call it the one
immortal blemish of mankind ... And time is reckoned from
the dies nefastus with which this calamity began—after the
first day of Christianity! Why not rather after its last
day?— After today?— Revaluation of all values! ...