Bewijzen

Henk Elegeert HmjE at HOME.NL
Tue Oct 9 14:40:08 CEST 2001

REPLY TO: D66 at nic.surfnet.nl

Glenn Mellonius wrote:

> REPLY TO: D66 at nic.surfnet.nl
>
> Kan iemand mij vertellen WIE er eigenlijk de "bewijzen" hebben gezien
> m.b.t. de betrokkenheid van Osama bin Laden bij de aanval op Amerikaanse
> gebouwen.
> Heeft alleen de secretaris van de Navo dit gezien, en wouwelen Kok en van
> Aartsen nu maar een eind mee?
> Of hebben die twee deze "bewijzen" ook onder ogen gehad?

http://www.pm.gov.uk/news.asp?NewsId=2685

Blair: Evidence against Bin Laden and his network is overwhelming

"
In a statement to Parliament, the Prime Minister said that there is
overwhelming evidence that Usama Bin Laden and the Al Qaida network were
responsible for the terrorist attacks on the US.

Addressing Parliament, the Prime Minister said:

"For myself and all other Government Ministers who have studied the full
information, we have absolutely no doubt that Bin Laden and his network
are responsible for the attacks on 11 September."

Opening his statement, the Prime Minister outlined that:

First, it was Usama Bin Laden and Al Qaida, the terrorist network which
he heads, that planned and carried out the atrocities on 11 September;
Second, that Usama Bin Laden and Al Qaida were able to commit these
atrocities because of their close alliance with the Taleban regime in
Afghanistan which allows them to operate with impunity in pursuing their
terrorist activity.

The Prime Minister said that a document detailing the basis for these
conclusions would be put into the Library of the House of Commons. The
Prime Minister stressed that this was an interim assessment with much of
the evidence omitted due to the highly sensitive nature of its
intelligence.

The document also details that Usama Bin Laden has been responsible for
a number of terrorist outrages over the past decade.

The attack in 1993 on US military personnel serving in Somalia – 18 US
military personnel killed.
In 1998, the bombings of the US Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania. 224
people killed and over 4500 injured.
Attempted bombings in Jordan and Los Angeles at the turn of the
millennium.
The attack on the USS Cole nearly a year ago which left 17 crew members
killed and 40 injured.

In a statement to Parliament, the Prime Minister said that there is
overwhelming evidence that Usama Bin Laden and the Al Qaida network were
responsible for the terrorist attacks on the US.

The Prime Minister outlined further intelligence that been obtained, he
said:

"Since the attacks, we have obtained the following intelligence: shortly
before 11 September, Bin Laden told associates that he had a major
operation against America under preparation; a range of people were
warned to return to Afghanistan because of action on or around 11
September; and most importantly, one of Bin Laden’s closest lieutenants
has said clearly that he helped with the planning of the 11 September
attacks and has admitted the involvement of the Al Qaida organisation.
There is other intelligence we cannot disclose of an even more direct
nature indicating guilt."

Outlining the coalition’s objectives in response to this evidence, the
Prime Minister concluded:

"In the face of this evidence, our immediate objectives are clear. We
must bring Bin Laden and other Al Qaida leaders to justice and eliminate
the terrorist threat they pose. And we must ensure that Afghanistan
ceases to harbour and sustain international terrorism. If the Taleban
regime will not comply with that objective, we must bring about change
in that regime to ensure that Afghanistan’s links to international
terrorism are broken."
"

Henk Elegeert

Aanmelden: stuur een email naar LISTSERV at nic.surfnet.nl met in het tekstveld alleen: SUBSCRIBE D66