Kabinet wil cryptografie gaan "reguleren".

Henk Elegeert HmjE at HOME.NL
Tue Oct 9 13:04:56 CEST 2001

REPLY TO: D66 at nic.surfnet.nl

Mark Koek wrote:

> REPLY TO: D66 at nic.surfnet.nl

> Jos Horikx schreef o.m.:
>
> > Het kabinet wil krachtige cryptografie voor publiek gebruik gaan
> > reguleren. Dit staat in het actieplan Terrorismebestrijding en
> > veiligheid, dat het kabinet afgelopen week presenteerde.
>
> Dit stemt me niet alleen triest vanwege het verlies aan privacy en de
> mogelijkheid dat het mijn collega's en mijzelf buitenlandse klanten
> gaat kosten.
>
> Het is ook zorgwekkend dat de bestrijding van de georganiseerde
> misdaad/terrorisme in Nederland van een dermate amateuristisch niveau
> blijkt te zijn dat men denkt dat dit soort maatregelen de
> doorgewinterde crimineel/terrorist ook maar een strobreed in de weg
> zal leggen.
>
> :-(

Helemaal met je eens, Mark
Mag ik ff mee janken? :(

Ook bij de Amerikanen wordt daar over nagedacht,

http://www.aclu.org/congress/l092001b.html

In Defense of Freedom at a Time of Crisis

"
1. On September 11, 2001 thousands of people lost their lives in a
brutal assault on the American people and the American form of
government. We mourn the loss of these innocent lives and insist that
those who perpetrated these acts be held accountable.

2. This tragedy requires all Americans to examine carefully the steps
our country may now take to reduce the risk of future terrorist attacks.

3. We need to consider proposals calmly and deliberately with a
determination not to erode the liberties and freedoms that are at the
core of the American way of life.

4. We need to ensure that actions by our government uphold the
principles of a democratic society, accountable government and
international law, and that all decisions are taken in a manner
consistent with the Constitution.

5. We can, as we have in the past, in times of war and of peace,
reconcile the requirements of security with the demands of liberty.

6. We should resist the temptation to enact proposals in the mistaken
belief that anything that may be called anti-terrorist will necessarily
provide greater security.

7. We should resist efforts to target people because of their race,
religion, ethnic background or appearance, including immigrants in
general, Arab Americans and Muslims.

8. We affirm the right of peaceful dissent, protected by the First
Amendment, now, when it is most at risk.

9. We should applaud our political leaders in the days ahead who have
the courage to say that our freedoms should not be limited.

10. We must have faith in our democratic system and our Constitution,
and in our ability to protect at the same time both the freedom and the
security of all Americans.

"

Bovendien, wat heeft het voor zin om alles in het werk te stellen om
onze vrijheden te bewaken als we ze eerst in moeten leveren?

Henk Elegeert

Aanmelden: stuur een email naar LISTSERV at nic.surfnet.nl met in het tekstveld alleen: SUBSCRIBE D66