"chasing porn"

Arie Dirkzwager aried at XS4ALL.NL
Mon May 24 14:08:55 CEST 1999

>Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 10:04:07 +0200
>From: Giancarlo Livraghi <gian at gandalf.it>
>Subject: "chasing porn"
>To: gilc-plan at gilc.org
>
>>Nah, they're only interested in porn.
>
>I'm not familiar with the situation in Australia, but censors all over the
>world start with "chasing porn" (or something else that they can label
>dangerous or offensive) and wind up meddling with any opinion or
>information they don't like.  Personally I can live perfectly well without
>sexy pictures on the internet (if I really wanted any I could find them
>easily in a newsstand) but I don't' believe that anyone, anywhere, is "only
>interested in porn".
>
>And... I've never heard of Echelon having anything to do with "decency".
>It's espionage; spying on all of us, not just criminals or terrorists.  And
>so is Enfopol.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Giancarlo Livraghi

For discussions on political issues in the Netherlands join the PNYX,
http://www.db.nl/pnyx (language Dutch, all citizens and members of
parliament are represented there independent of their membership of any
political party).

  Accept that some days you are the statue, and some days you are the bird.
  To-day is to-morrow's "yesterday": build good memories and all evil will
be past.