Drst: a letter from Belgrade

Marc de Rooij Marc.DeRooij at DIO.CS.MINVROM.NL
Tue May 11 08:31:59 CEST 1999

From: Marija Marjanovic <marija at sezampro.yu
Subject: my side of the story

Hello everyone! I am student from Architectural Faculty, University of
Belgrade, Yugoslavia. I spent great time in Porto Alegre by the end of the
year 1997.
Some terrible things are happening to me and my people (Serbs) and I wanted
to tell you my side of the story.
My people is in a very bad position: on one side, there is our governement
that absolutely does not care about anything except about how to save their
own positions. We don't support this governement.
Belgrade (the capital) did not vote for them. Not to mention that we are
under media blocade for very, very long time, and that our ellections were
never fair. In one word - this governement WAS NOT OUR CHOISE.
On the other side there is USA (NATO forces), which is determined to ruin
everything that stands on its way. Do you really beleive that they are
concerned about human rights and things like that ?
The real reason for their actions are: strategic positions (spreading to the
eastern part of Europe, and making "conflict areas" in the middle of Europe
in order to retain  stronger than European Community) as well as economy
reasons (spreading the market and selling the old weapons).
Did you know that they are bombing us with radioactive materials which are
secondary products of their nuclear industry?
Did you know, that during the war in Bosnia (country next to Yugoslavia),
USA bombarded this territory and that women from this areas have defected
babies born today?
Do you still beilive that they are fighting for human rights?
We are in terrible position. If they are fighting only against our
governement why are they attacking civilians?
Do we really need this agression? Don't they have any other way to persuade
our president to negotiate? Do we, civilians, have to suffer because of
wrong governement on one side and agressive ways of USA to realize their
strategic and economic goals on the other?
We only want to live our lives normally. To work, have fun, have families,
have healthy children. We are normal people that is very tired of everything
that is going on here in the last ten years.
Please, help us, by spreading our side of the story all over the world. Tell
this to your friends in Brasil and in the other countries.
Anything that you do can be helpfull.
Help us only by thinking. Remember, this can happen to any poor nation.
World should not be a jungle.
Thank You for Your time.
Trully,
Marija Marjanovic

>>> vincent <vincentn at xs4all.nl> 10-05-99 23.41 >>>
5 mei: Op bevrijdingsdag lijkt het Kok wel een een aardige PR-stunt om te melden dat
hij wel 2000 extra Kosovaren wil opnemen in Nederland. (Dat is max 4000 met de
huidige 2000).

7 mei: Ministerraad heeft positief besloten. Cohen moet maar weer eens een grondig
en langdurig onderzoek gaan doen. Vice-premier Jorritsma kraait victorie op Nova. We
zijn zo geweldig! Het wordt tijd om andere landen eens vermanend toe te gaan
spreken. Duitsland 10.000 vluchtelingen, Turkije 6500, etc...

10 mei: Cohen is nog lang niet klaar met zijn onderzoek. Tijd zat en in de
buitenlucht slapen is gezond.

Met vriendelijke groeten, Vincent Nijhof

--
Vincent Nijhof
Nieuwe Leliestraat 152 Hs

020 6235927