[D66] 'Reimagining Humanity'

René Oudeweg roudeweg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 08:35:15 CEST 2023

[Opm: De Nederlander en burgermans kan niet opnieuw verbeeld en
uitgevonden worden. Voorgoed bedorven door de Staat en de MSM. De
Nederlander verbeeldt zijn menszijn tegenwoordig bij voorkeur mbv
oerlelijke tattoo's. It's over.../RO]

https://reimagininghumanity.com/

About the Film
Synopsis

The goal of this film is to expand human imagination, based in deep
history and transdisciplinary science, about human potential. We have
not always been so stressed, disconnected and mindlessly destructive.
For most of our species existence we have lived in cooperative
companionship. The film illustrates what this looks like.

Discover the sections of the short film, script, explanations,
discussion questions, and bibliography below.

But first, watch the film (below). Sit back and relax and let the images
and words wash over you.

--

INTRODUCTION, Timemark 0 to :55.

We are living in a time of great destruction and despair.

People are disconnected from one another and Earth.

Humanity has forgotten who we can be.

It’s time to reimagine humanity.

It’s time to reimagine us.

Let’s reimagine what it means to be human.

Let’s base it on hundreds of thousands of years of our species’ existence.

Let’s base it on our best ancestors, those who lived responsibly with
all of life.

EXPLANATION OF INTRODUCTION

We live in times of oppression, of everyone, to one degree or another.
The dominant system is one of violence and coercion towards babies,
children and adults. As a result, our understanding of normality has
shifted—we think it normal to feel despair, anxiety, anger and to be
generally unwell. Our imaginations are shriveled by the trauma and
stress we experience. It’s time to remember who we can be, what
capacities our species has.

  Humanity has not always been like this—disconnected from others and
lonely, disconnected from and destructive of Earth. We would not be here
if that were the case. We would have destroyed ourselves long ago. Our
best ancestors, specifically the San Peoples of central Africa (who
carry all of humanity’s genes), still exist. They continue to live
responsibly, maintaining the wellbeing of the ecosystems in which they live.

DISCUSSION QUESTIONS

     Are you aware of the great destruction occurring?
     Are you aware of the increasing mental distress around the world?
     Have you ever wondered about human nature? About human behavior,
whether humans could be different than they are today?
     Have you thought about optimal human potential?
     What alternatives to the dominant culture have you seen or experienced?
     Did you know that human genus has been around for about 6 million
years, our line for 2 million, and our species (homo sapiens sapiens)
for about 300,000 years?
     What does it mean to live responsibly on the planet?

Bibliography

     Brondizio, E.S., Settele, J., Díaz, S., & Ngo, H.T. (Eds.) (2019).
Global Assessment Report on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services of the
Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem
Services. Bonn, Germany: IPBES.
     Hrdy, S. (2009). Mothers and others: The evolutionary origins of
mutual understanding. Cambridge, MA: Belknap Press.
     Ingold, T. (2005). On the social relations of the hunter-gatherer
band. In R.B. Lee, R.B. & R. Daly (Eds.), The Cambridge encyclopedia of
hunters and gatherers (pp. 399-410). New York: Cambridge University Press.
     Millennium Ecosystem Assessment (2005). Ecosystems and human
well-being: Synthesis. Washington, DC: Island Press.
     Steffen, W., Rockström, J., Richardson, K., Lenton, T.M., Folke,
C., Liverman, D.,… Schellnhuber, H.J. (2018). Trajectories of the earth
system in the Anthropocene,  Proceedings of the National Academy of
Sciences, 115 (33) 8252-8259; DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1810141115.
     Surgeon General’s Advisory on Our Epidemic of Loneliness and
Isolation - PDF
     Suzman, J. (2017). Affluence without abundance: The disappearing
world of the Bushmen. New York: Bloomsbury.