[D66] MusicLM: Generating Music From Text

René Oudeweg roudeweg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 07:34:17 CEST 2023

[The death of the professional musician /RO]

MusicLM: Generating Music From Text

https://google-research.github.io/seanet/musiclm/examples/
https://aitestkitchen.withgoogle.com/signup

MusicLM: Generating Music From Text

Andrea Agostinelli, Timo I. Denk, Zalán Borsos, Jesse Engel, Mauro
Verzetti, Antoine Caillon, Qingqing Huang, Aren Jansen, Adam Roberts,
Marco Tagliasacchi, Matt Sharifi, Neil Zeghidour, Christian Frank

Google Research

Abstract We introduce MusicLM, a model generating high-fidelity music
from text descriptions such as "a calming violin melody backed by a
distorted guitar riff". MusicLM casts the process of conditional music
generation as a hierarchical sequence-to-sequence modeling task, and it
generates music at 24 kHz that remains consistent over several minutes.
Our experiments show that MusicLM outperforms previous systems both in
audio quality and adherence to the text description. Moreover, we
demonstrate that MusicLM can be conditioned on both text and a melody in
that it can transform whistled and hummed melodies according to the
style described in a text caption. To support future research, we
publicly release MusicCaps, a dataset composed of 5.5k music-text pairs,
with rich text descriptions provided by human experts.