[D66] The Rewilding Podcast Episode 42: Subsistence Challenges w/ James V Morgan

René Oudeweg roudeweg at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 00:36:05 CEST 2023

The Rewilding Podcast Episode 42: Subsistence Challenges w/ James V Morgan
Peter Michael Bauer
630 abonnees
65 weergaven  29 mei 2023

Subsistence–the way we acquire our food–is a central aspect of
rewilding. To talk with me both about the anthropology of subsistence
but also the challenges and practicality of it is James V. Morgan. James
is a former professional anthropologist who has spent nearly two decades
studying and working with indigenous hunter-gatherers on three
continents. He has spent years trying to understand the relationship
between anarchist theory and action and indigenous politics and
lifeways. He is currently working on three different books surrounding
these topics titled, "Human Rewilding in the 21st Century: Why
Anthropologists Fail" and “Anarchy After Graeber” with the third book
yet to be titled. His previous writings have appeared in Hunter-Gatherer
Research, Human Ecology, Oak Journal, Black and Green Review, Wild
Resistance, and Alaska Fish and Wildlife News. More than only pursuing
research and writing, Jaime is also an active subsistence hunter and
forager, extensively involved in the material arts of rewilding and
bushcraft, mostly off-grid in the far north.

NOTES:

Anarcho-Primitivism/Primal Anarchy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho...

Green Anarchy Magazine
https://greenanarchy.anarchyplanet.org/

Oak Journal
https://www.oakjournal.org/

Black and Green Review/Wild Resistance
https://www.blackandgreenpress.org/pu...

Ultrasocial: The Evolution of Human Nature and the Quest for a
Sustainable Future by John Gowdy
https://bookshop.org/a/24844/97811088...