[D66] Covid-19: Sweden Wins!

René Oudeweg roudeweg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 09:06:47 CET 2022

dailysceptic.org
<https://dailysceptic.org/2022/11/08/sweden-wins-country-that-refused-lockdown-and-kept-schools-open-has-lowest-pandemic-cumulative-excess-mortality-in-the-world/>

  Sweden Wins! Country That Refused Lockdown and Kept Schools Open Has
  Lowest Pandemic Mortality in the World – The Daily Sceptic

Joel Smalley
6-7 minutes

Back in April 2020, /Stuff /reported
<https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/121180716/swedens-covid19-plan-a-disaster-waiting-to-happen-or-a-bold-evidencebased-response>
on how Sweden had fared during that spring’s coronavirus wave despite
bucking the international trend to lock down.

    Professor Johan Giesecke, who first recruited Tegnell during his own
    time as state epidemiologist, used a rare interview last week to
    argue that the Swedish people would respond better to more sensible
    measures. He blasted the sort of lockdowns imposed in Britain and
    Australia and warned a second wave would be inevitable once the
    measures are eased.

    “The Swedish Government decided early in January that the measures
    we should take against the pandemic should be evidence based. And
    when you start looking around at the measures being taken by
    different countries, you find very few of them have a shred of
    evidence-base,” he said.

    Giesecke, who has served as the first Chief Scientist of the
    European Centre for Disease Control and has been advising the
    Swedish Government during the pandemic, told the /UnHerd /website
    there was “almost no science” behind border closures and school
    closures and social distancing and said he looked forward to
    reviewing the course of the disease in a year’s time.

    “I think that the difference between countries will be quite small
    in the end,” he said. “I don’t think you can stop it. It’s
    spreading. It will roll over Europe no matter what you do.”

Giesecke was almost correct. But, the difference between the countries
in the end was not quite small. Sweden did much, much better – ten times
better than Chile
<https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/mar/28/chile-coronavirus-lockdowns-vaccination-success>,
in fact, notorious for having the strictest lockdowns ‘despite’ also
having one of the most ‘successful’ vaccination campaigns.

As of reporting date June 19th 2022, of all the countries analysed by
the OECD <https://stats.oecd.org/index.aspx?queryid=104676>, Sweden has
the lowest overall cumulative excess deaths tally.

The somewhat less meaningful Covid death tally (per million population)
does not have the same relative magnitude since different countries use
different methods for recording what is and what isn’t a Covid death, on
top of the fact, of course, that it’s a Pyrrhic victory to mitigate
Covid deaths at the expense of higher excess non-Covid deaths. Take a
look at Canada and Israel as prime examples of this – remarkably low
Covid deaths relative to the rest of the world but very much in the
worst half of the dataset in terms of overall excess mortality.

My analysis of each country leads me to three main conclusions.

First, Covid exists and is deadly for some. This is evident given the
very strong and consistent correlations between weekly excess deaths and
weekly reported Covid deaths. I think it is also important to accept
this fact given that there is very little resistance now to the
assertion that Covid was manufactured in a biolab. Those responsible for
making it are responsible for the millions of deaths it has caused.

Secondly, experimental attempts at mitigating the spread of the virus
through various ‘social distancing’ measures, including school and
business closures, imprisoning healthy people in their homes, forced
wearing of masks, etc. show very little evidence of benefit. Any
specious evidence from prison islands (Australia and New Zealand) is
ultimately proven futile as predicted by the world’s two best
epidemiologists (Giesecke and Tegnell). The harms of these interventions
are also apparent in the ultimate excess death numbers. Those
responsible for implementing them should be held accountable for the
deaths they have caused.

Thirdly, the only thing that could have made Covid worse was to put the
same people responsible for making it in charge of making the antidote.
It’s a bit like putting the arsonists in charge of fire policy after
they have burnt down the city. But that’s what happened with Covid. It
is abundantly clear that there is no reduction in Covid deaths as a
result of the mass administration of the experimental ‘vaccine’.
Moreover, as we should logically expect deficits in periods after excess
mortality such as occurred in the nine months prior to the medical
experiment, /and/ greater protection from herd immunity, /and/ the
natural selection of less virulent variants, it is difficult to argue
against the allegation that the experiment has somehow contributed to
the perpetuation of Covid rather than its demise. This is further
supported by the fact that Covid and excess deaths both taper off in
line with society’s final realisation that they should take no further
part in the experiment.

Perhaps next time, we should all be a bit more like Sweden? You know,
like our lives depended on it? Not the bit about hurried medical
experimentation though, we can leave that bit out.

Just the bit about letting people decide for themselves what actions
they should take when faced with life.

It might just be me but I don’t think stupid politicians, greedy
pharmaceutical companies and academics whose careers depend on pharma
funding are the best people for the job.

/
/