[D66] [JD: 118] Pfizer/BioNTech illegal because experimental: New Zealand High Court ruling

R.O. juggoto at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 14:00:03 CEST 2021

05/20/2021
Pfizer / BioNTech illegal because experimental: New Zealand High Court
ruling
S. Pedrazzini S. Pedrazzini

/Thanks to the ruling of the High Court, the Government of New Zealand
yesterday modified the law on the distribution of the Pfizer / BioNTech
vaccine; the ruling states that access to the vaccine was illegal and in
violation of the Medicines Act as it was still experimental./

The Nga Kaitiaki Tuku Ihu Medical Action Society had turned to the High
Court arguing that the Pfizer vaccine had not completed its  clinical
*trial <https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04368728>*phase and
should not be made available to the wider population in accordance with
section 23 of the act.
In fact, the vaccine has been approved for more than two-thirds of the
New Zealand population, although the primary clinical trial for the
vaccine still to be completed is scheduled for April 2023.
KTI has released an  open *letter <https://kti.org.nz/?p=361>*signed by
43 New Zealand doctors outlining the case and expressed concern about
the promotion of the vaccine despite the lack of evidence to prove its
safety.
The letter shows that "No one at the moment knows how safe or effective
this new mRNA technology is in the medium and long term. Highly credible
medical experts around the world, and even some vaccine developers
themselves, foresee problems and raise urgent concerns from report.
Forcing patients or workers to receive drugs, medicines or vaccines that
are still being tested would constitute a significant precedent doctor,
which would be contrary to all international codes of medical ethics
from the 1947 Nuremberg Code and the Declaration of Helsinki of the 1952 "
The High Court ruled in favor of KTI and the deed received an  immediate
*amendment
<https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/technical-amendment-medicines-act>*,
in fact yesterday the *law
<https://www.parliament.nz/en/pb/bills-and-laws/bills-proposed-laws/document/BILL_111377/medicines-amendment-bill>*was
introduced and approved**.
Section 23 (1) of the Medicines Act initially stipulated that the
provisional consent given by the Minister of Health to the supply of a
new medicine was to be used on a limited basis and only for the
treatment of a limited number of patients.

*/We thank you for the diffusion of our contents, we ask only to mention
OMV as the source./*