[D66] [JD: 172] When We Are Human: Notes from the Age of Pandemics

R.O. juggoto at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 12:45:43 CEST 2021

  When We Are Human: Notes from the Age of Pandemics Paperback – 13 juli
  2021

Engels editie John Zerzan
<https://www.amazon.nl/s/ref=dp_byline_sr_book_1?ie=UTF8&field-author=John+Zerzan&search-alias=books>
(auteur)
Alle verschijningsvormen en edities zien

  * Paperback
    € 17,00
    3 Nieuw vanaf € 16,99
    <https://www.amazon.nl/gp/offer-listing/1627311122/ref=tmm_pap_new_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=new>

These are dark and darkening times, challenging us to look deeper to
grasp the roots and dynamics of the looming civilizational crisis.
Chronic illness of the planet calls for radically new thinking if there
is to be any hope of renewal. When We Are Human offers thought at a
necessary and primal level.
All previous civilizations have failed, and now there's just one global
civilization, which is starkly, grandly failing. To deny or avoid this
fact is to remain in the sphere of the superficial, the irrelevant. The
physical environment is reaching the catastrophe stage as the seas warm,
rise, acidify, and fill with plastics. Icebergs ahead and floating past
beachgoers idly watching the planet die.
So much is failing, so much is interrelated in the technosphere of
ever-greater dependence and estrangement. Social existence, now
strangely isolated, is beset by mass shootings, rising suicide rates,
slipping longevity, loneliness, anxiety, and the maddening stream of
lies and concocted politics.
Zerzan trains his passionate focus on several fields of discourse:
anthropology, history, philosophy, technology, psychology, and the
spiritual. Points of light that become a kaleidoscope refracting new
insights and contributing an overall picture of late civilization.