[D66] Luis Buñuel - My Last Breath

R.O. jugg at ziggo.nl
Sat Nov 21 20:53:08 CET 2020

undefined

https://monoskop.org/images/d/d1/Bunuel_Luis_My_Last_Breath.pdf

“A writer or painter cannot change the world. But they can keep an
essential margin of non-conformity alive. Thanks to them, the powerful
can never affirm that everyone agrees with their acts. That small
difference is very important. When power feels itself totally justified
and approved, it immediately destroys whatever freedoms we have left,
and that is fascism. My ideas have not changed since I was 20.
Basically, I agree with Engels. An artist describes real social
relationships with the purpose of destroying the conventional ideas
about those relationships, undermining bourgeois optimism, and forcing
the public to doubt the tenets of the established order.”