[D66] The Worst Is Yet To Come: A Post-Capitalist Survival Guide

R.O. jugg at ziggo.nl
Thu Aug 27 11:43:15 CEST 2020

https://repeaterbooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/The-Worst-is-Yet-to-Come-640x1009.jpeg

Peter Fleming <https://repeaterbooks.com/author/peter-fleming/>

    The Worst Is Yet To Come: A Post-Capitalist Survival Guide

£7.99 – £8.99

*Capitalism is committing suicide, and threatening to take us down with
it. But will it give way to a grand social utopia or the beginning of a
new, wifi-enabled dark age? *

/The Worst Is Yet To Come/ explores the disturbing possibility that the
current crisis of neoliberal capitalism may spawn a world that is much,
much worse.

If our grandchildren are to survive the implosion of capitalism – for
the chances we will are fairly slim – then a realistic picture of the
nightmare to come is crucial. Only an unwavering attitude of
“revolutionary pessimism” will help us to prepare accordingly. For the
apocalypse will almost certainly be disappointing.

Peter Fleming <https://repeaterbooks.com/author/peter-fleming/>

Peter Fleming is a professor at the University of London and the
University of Technology, Sydney. He is the author of several books,
including The Mythology of Work (2015) and The Death of Homo Economicus
(2017). His writing has appeared in the Guardian and Financial Times.