[D66] Anarcho-Primitivism is Not Just Another Ideology

R.O. jugg at ziggo.nl
Sat Aug 15 17:42:45 CEST 2020

    Anarcho-Primitivism is Not Just Another Ideology

Interview with Martin Pavelka for /More Thought, / April 24, 2016
<http://moretht.blogspot.com/2016/04/anarcho-primitivism-is-not-just-another.html>

/

    Are people happy with domestication, with leading domesticated
    lives? I think the answer is, resoundingly, 'no'.”
    -John Zerzan

This interview was conducted by Martin Pavelka and took place in
December 2015, during the /Ekofilm/ <http://www.ekofilm.cz/en/> festival
in the city of Brno, the Czech Republic. (The interview was transcribed
and edited by R. Capes.)

A PDF of the interview is available to download from here
<https://archive.org/details/ZerzanIntDec2015>.

A Czech translation of the interview is available here
<https://puntickovanichrobaci.noblogs.org/post/2016/02/08/anarcho-primitivizmus-nie-je-len-dalsia-ideologia/>.

John Zerzan's website address is johnzerzan.net <http://johnzerzan.net/>.

John Zerzan's latest book is 'Why Hope?: The Stand Against Civilization'
(Feral House: 2015). A review of the book is available here
<https://uncivilizedanimals.wordpress.com/2015/10/13/review-why-hope/>.

A large selection of John Zerzan's essays can be found at
anarchistlibrary.org
<http://theanarchistlibrary.org/category/author/john-zerzan>.

/

[...]

      Is anarcho-primitivism an ideology?

It might appear that anarcho-primitivism is just another "ideology on
the market." But rather than an ideology, it is an analytical tool that
can be used to put things into perspective, to show that we have lived
for millions of years without the need of civilization and
domestication. I think it's an important thing to try - and I don't know
how possible it is - to keep anarcho-primitivism open, not a closed
realm of ideas, an ideology, but to keep asking better questions,
perhaps, to keep it moving.