[D66] ‘If We Lose the Arctic, We Lose the World’

A.OUT jugg at ziggo.nl
Fri Aug 9 19:44:49 CEST 2019

https://finlandtoday.fi/president-niinisto-in-north-russia-if-we-lose-the-arctic-we-lose-the-world/

President Niinistö in North Russia: ‘If We Lose the Arctic, We Lose the
World’

by Editorial Team | April 3, 2017 5:08 pm | News, Politics
Advertisement:

UPDATED: 04/09/2018 at 12:41

President Niinistö arriving in Arkhangelsk in Russia to attend the
International Arctic Forum on 30 March 2017 Picture: Katri
Makkonen/Office of the President of the Republic of Finland

It is fitting that we are meeting here in Arkhangelsk, a historical
meeting place between the East and West. I approach the event in this
spirit: Promoting a meeting of minds with a firm belief that the Arctic
will indeed remain a “Territory of Dialogue,” said President Niinistö
during his opening remarks at “The Arctic: Territory of Dialogue” forum
in Arkhangelsk in North Russia. “My starting point today is the growing
threat of climate change. Tackling this challenge is crucial if we want
to ensure that the Arctic remains the place it is today. But the issue
is of global significance: If we lose the Arctic, we lose the whole world.”

[...]