[D66] De bedorven boterberg

A.O. jugg at ziggo.nl
Sat Nov 10 08:42:16 CET 2018

"One must refer to language’s peculiar inability to emerge from itself
in order to articulate its origin, and not to the thought of force.
Force is the other of language without which language would not be what
it is.
In order to respect this strange movement within language, in order
not to reduce it in turn, we would have to attempt a return to the
metaphor of darkness and light (of self-revelation and self-
concealment), the founding metaphor of Western philosophy as meta-
physics. The founding metaphor not only because it is a photological
one—and in this respect the entire history of our philosophy is a pho-
tology, the name given to a history of, or treatise on, light—but
because it is a metaphor."
--p. 31 Writing and Difference