[D66] Decapitalism, Left Scarcity, and the State

J.N. jugg at ziggo.nl
Thu Jun 11 06:24:01 CEST 2015

http://fillip.ca/content/decapitalism-left-scarcity-and-the-state

Fillip 20 — Spring 2015
Decapitalism, Left Scarcity, and the State
Nina Power

I want to address four main oversights and weaknesses, as I see them, of
the accelerationist project as it currently stands.1 I will mostly be
drawing on the texts gathered together in the Accelerationist Reader,
published last year,2 as well as some of the responses to it, including
Benjamin Noys’s Malign Velocities: Acceleration and Capitalism (2014)
and texts by McKenzie Wark. The four areas I will discuss are 1) labour,
2) the sequence of the development of technology vis-à-vis revolutionary
transformation, 3) questions of temporal and geographical scale, and, to
conclude, 4) the persistence of the repressive elements of the state in
the global capitalist picture.