[D66] Pasolini: Sexting the World

J.N. jugg at ziggo.nl
Thu Jul 16 08:58:18 CEST 2015

http://www.publicseminar.org/2015/07/ppp/#.VadUIJP5s_s

McKenzie Wark
Pasolini: Sexting the World
July 15th, 2015

Let’s not speak of his death; let’s speak of his life. Sing of it, even!
Pier Paolo Pasolini was one of the great practitioners of a Marxist
thought in action. All of his concepts came from practice, as a teacher,
poet, novelist, journalist, film-maker, and media provocateur.

In the sixties, Pasolini was already counter-programming against those
such as his contemporary Louis Althusser who would appear to read Marx’s
texts as a “Gospel” (38) even though as he says Marxism is, “the only
ideology that protects me from the loss of reality.” (72) He had a
distinctive take on just what that reality might be, which in good
Bogdanovite fashion we can see as something he arrived at via
substitution from his own practice, particularly as a film maker, as we
shall see later on.