[D66] Dijsselbloem

J.N. jugg at ziggo.nl
Fri Jul 10 07:34:06 CEST 2015

Merijn Oudenampsen
8 uur ·

Die Dijsselbloem toch.

In the beginning of February, [Dutch finance minister and Eurogroup
president Jeroen] Dijsselbloem told Varoufakis "You either sign the
memorandum that the others have signed too, or your economy is going to
collapse”. How? “We are going to collapse your banks". He had said that.
In his last interview to ERT, the national [Greek public] TV [channel],
two days ago, Varoufakis said: "I didn't denounce that then, because I
was hoping that reason would prevail in the negotiations with all of the
Eurogroup".

The Eurogroup is not a proper democratically-functioning body. They [the
Greek government of Alexis Tsipras] discovered that, again, very late,
when they [the Eurogroup] wanted to throw Varoufakis out after the
referendum announcement. Which was basically a gesture to humiliate.
Varoufakis says "Who decides that?" Dijsselbloem says "I decide".
Shouldn't there be a vote, shouldn't there be unanimity? Yes but it's
not necessarily recorded, there are no minutes taken. He was taping,
others too. Why? Because there are no minutes taken. So there is nothing
formal.