[D66] Is it real? Physicists propose method to determine if the universe is a simulation

Antid Oto protocosmos66 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 14:41:53 CEST 2012

Is it real? Physicists propose method to determine if the universe is a
simulation October 12, 2012 by Bob Yirka

Read more at:
http://phys.org/news/2012-10-real-physicists-method-universe-simulation.html#jCp

(Phys.org)—A common theme of science fiction movies and books is the
idea that we're all living in a simulated universe—that nothing is
actually real. This is no trivial pursuit: some of the greatest minds in
history, from Plato, to Descartes, have pondered the possibility.
Though, none were able to offer proof that such an idea is even
possible. Now, a team of physicists working at the University of Bonn
have come up with a possible means for providing us with the evidence we
are looking for; namely, a measurable way to show that our universe is
indeed simulated. They have written a paper describing their idea and
have uploaded it to the preprint server arXiv.