[D66] In preparation for wider war, Pentagon deploys task force in Jordan

Antid Oto protocosmos66 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 09:04:10 CEST 2012

In preparation for wider war, Pentagon deploys task force in Jordan
By Bill Van Auken

In preparation for a direct US intervention in Syria and a wider war in
the Middle East, the Pentagon has secretly deployed a 150-strong
military task force in Jordan.
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta Wednesday confirmed the existence of the
task force, which was first reported by the New York Times. Speaking to
the media at the close of a two-day NATO defense ministers meeting in
Brussels, Panetta stated, “We have a group of our forces there working
to help build a headquarters there and to insure that we make the
relationship between the United States and Jordan a strong one so that
we can deal with all the possible consequences of what’s happening in
Syria.”

http://wsws.org/articles/2012/oct2012/task-o11.shtml