[D66] Why Obama lost the debate

Antid Oto protocosmos66 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 09:37:31 CEST 2012

http://lbo-news.com/2012/10/04/why-obama-lost-the-debate/

Posted by: Doug Henwood | October 4, 2012
Why Obama lost the debate

First, I should say that while I am not a Democrat, and never had much
hope invested in 2008’s candidate of hope, I do think we’d be marginally
better off if Obama won. One reason we’d be better off is that when a
Democrat is in power, it’s easier to see that the problems with our
politics—the dominance of money and state violence—are systemic issues,
and not a matter of individuals or parties. That’s not to say there are
no differences between the two major parties. The Republicans are a gang
of terrifying reactionaries, which flatters the gaggle of wobbly
centrists that make up the other party. But the Dems have some serious
foundational problems that help explain what is almost universally
regarded as Obama’s dismal performance in the first debate.

Romney believes in money. Obama believes in nothing.

Most liberals want to write off Obama’s bad performance as a bad night.
It’s not just that. It’s a structural problem.