HPV vaccinatie is alleen de laatste 'oorlog' die gevoerd wordt.

Cees Binkhorst ceesbink at XS4ALL.NL
Wed Apr 15 17:21:37 CEST 2009

REPLY TO: D66 at nic.surfnet.nl

HPV vaccinatie is alleen de laatste 'oorlog' die gevoerd wordt.

Zie hieronder: It has been estimated that there are more than 100 new
vaccines in the pipeline—the national investment in vaccine safety had
better get on steroids fast.

Ook vaccinaties worden handelswaar, die het gemakkelijkst via de overheid
verkocht kunnen worden. Dan hoeft er maar een klein aantal mensen
overtuigd te worden van de nuttigheid.

Groet / Cees

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/heart-to-heart/2009/4/14/the-vaccines-autism-war-dtente-needed.html
[deel weggelaten]
The academy's goal is to get every child in America—that's 4 million born
per year—vaccinated fully and on time in order to avoid perilous
consequences such as a recent deadly outbreak of hemophilus influenza that
could have been prevented with the Hib vaccine. The pediatricians took
umbrage at the criticism and insisted that vaccine safety issues have been
resolved to the fullest. I was there in the crossfire, arguing as I have
many times that, yes, vaccines are eminently safe—and parents are raising
legitimate concerns, yet unanswered. This controversy might be resolved if
we can focus on a few big questions, with an open mind.

[deel weggelaten]

First, are we overvaccinating our children? Vaccines are powerful
stimulants of the immune system, which they must be to be effective. But
as many of the autism activists have pointed out, American children are
the most vaccinated on the planet. Generation Rescue and the World Health
Organization both have compiled data that show the United States now gives
more vaccines to all its children, and earlier in life, than the rest of
the developed world: some 36 doses before our little ones hit
kindergarten, with most crammed into the first 18 months of life. If you
look at the best-performing countries in terms of infant and
early-childhood mortality, the average number of doses is 18, with most of
the Scandinavian countries, Japan, and Israel mandating just 11 to 12.

[deel weggelaten]

Finally, are certain groups of people especially susceptible to side
effects from vaccines, and can we identify them? Youngsters like Hannah
Poling, for example, who has an underlying mitochondrial disorder and
developed a sudden and dramatic case of regressive autism after receiving
nine immunizations, later determined to be the precipitating factor. Other
children may have a genetic predisposition to autism, a pre-existing
neurological condition worsened by vaccines, or an immune system that is
sent into overdrive by too many vaccines, and thus they might deserve
special care. This approach challenges the notion that every child must be
vaccinated for every pathogen on the government's schedule with almost no
exception, a policy that means some will be sacrificed so the vast
majority benefit.

[deel weggelaten]

Less than a year ago, the National Institutes of Health put out a call for
expanded research on vaccine safety that contains many of the very things
that parents are asking for: examination of the way the immune system
handles different vaccines, the impact of nonvaccine components (like
mercury and aluminum), and better understanding of susceptibility to
vaccine side effects. The government laid out the need for markers that
might predict vulnerable groups and proposed research on the comparative
effect of different vaccine schedules and combinations of vaccines. This
work is long overdue; shockingly, so is a study comparing groups of
vaccinated and unvaccinated children.

Paul Offit, an infectious-disease expert from the University of
Pennsylvania who has been a frequent spokesman and adviser on vaccine
policy (and by his admission has become wealthy by developing the now
mandated rotavirus vaccine), has said on more than one occasion that the
infant's immune system can handle 10,000 vaccines. If that's where we're
going—and it has been estimated that there are more than 100 new vaccines
in the pipeline—the national investment in vaccine safety had better get
on steroids fast. More medicine is not always better medicine. As the move
toward health reform recognizes, this can make for poor public health
policy—and break the bank