Dear D66 friends

Hein van Meeteren heinwvm at CHELLO.NL
Wed May 21 09:33:00 CEST 2008

REPLY TO: D66 at nic.surfnet.nl

Dear D66 friends

The polls are closed in Kentucky and votes are being counted in Oregon,
and it's clear that tonight we have reached a major milestone on this
journey.

We have won an absolute majority of all the delegates chosen by the
people in this Democratic primary process.

 >From the beginning, this journey wasn't about me or the other
candidates. It was about a simple choice -- will we continue down the
same road with the same leadership that has failed us for so long, or
will we take a different path?

Too many of us have been disappointed by politics and politicians more
times than you can count. We've seen promises broken and good ideas
drowned in a sea of influence, point-scoring, and petty bickering that
has consumed Washington.

Yet, in spite of all the doubt and disappointment -- or perhaps because
of it -- people have stood for change.

Unfortunately, our opponents in the other party continue to embrace
yesterday's policies and they will continue to employ yesterday's
tactics -- they will try to change the subject, and they will play on
fears and divisions to distract us from what matters to you and your
future.

But those tactics will not work in this election.

They won't work because you won't let them.

Not this time. Not this year.

We still have work to do to in the remaining states, where we will
compete for every delegate available.

But tonight, I want to thank you for everything you have done to take us
this far -- farther than anyone predicted, expected, or even believed
possible.

Thank you,

Barack Obama