Leaked Obama Transcript Explains Rick Warren Decision

Cees Binkhorst ceesbink at XS4ALL.NL
Sat Dec 20 20:02:18 CET 2008

REPLY TO: D66 at nic.surfnet.nl

For all those who support BO ;)

BARACK OBAMA: So who we gonna have do the invocation at my inaugural?

DIANNE FEINSTEIN: Oh my God, you're gonna love this, B.

BO: Okay Di, hit me.

DIFI: Ready? Rick. Warren.

BO: You mean conservative evangelical Christian leader Rick Warren?

DIFI: Yup.

BO: Rick Warren who wants to ban all abortions and basically said that I
support a holocaust?

DIFI: Uh huh.

BO: The guy who compared gay marriage to pedophilia and incest, and helped
lead the fight for Prop 8 in California?

DIFI: That's him.

BO: The man who said he agrees on everything with far-right nut James Dobson.

DIFI: Yesiree.

BO: But Di, the guy has devoted his entire life to destroying everything I
stand for, everything I believe in, everyone who worked so hard and so
long to put me into office.

DIFI: I know, isn't it brilliant!

BO: I don't get it.

DIFI: Okay, think about it. You're so post-partisan that you're willing to
embrace and promote someone who loathes you, didn't vote for you, and will
do everything in his power to destroy your presidency. It's like the
Lieberman thing, but even bigger!

BO: So you mean, by promoting a guy who represents none of my goals,
ideals or hopes that the majority of the country voted for, and by
devastating my own supporters on what was supposed to be a day of
celebration and national rebirth, I'm actually promoting "change" by
publicly undermining it?

DIFI: Exactly!

BO: But won't I be screwing the gays, women, and pretty much everyone else
who got me elected?

DIFI: Never stopped me.

BO: But doesn't this make me no better than the guy I'm replacing or the
guy I just beat?

DIFI: Never stopped me.

The above conversation may, or may not, have occurred between
President-elect Barack Obama and the chair of the Joint Congressional
Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies, US Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA)

John Aravosis

Political Consultant and Editor of AmericaBlog.com
Posted December 17, 2008 | 07:26 PM (EST)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-aravosis/leaked-obama-transcript-e_b_151914.html