[Fwd: [Marxism] Nader at 6% - CNN poll]

Antid Oto aorta at HOME.NL
Fri Aug 1 17:22:39 CEST 2008

REPLY TO: D66 at nic.surfnet.nl

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:     [Marxism] Nader at 6% - CNN poll
Date:     Fri, 1 Aug 2008 11:06:13 EDT
From:     Dbachmozart at aol.com
To:     aorta <aorta at home.nl>

Poll: Obama narrowly leads McCain nationally
By The Associated Press – 1 day  ago
THE RACE: The presidential race nationally
___
THE NUMBERS
Barack Obama, 51 percent
John McCain, 44 percent
___
OF INTEREST:
This survey, taken after Obama's high-profile trip to Iraq, Afghanistan,
the
Middle East and Europe, shows him with about the same lead he had last
month.
It  also shows little change since the spring in the faith people have in
Obama to  handle the Iraq war, terrorism and other issues. People
thought his
trip was  appropriate by a two-to-one margin. More than four in 10 say
they think
Obama is  acting like he's already won the election, and nearly that
many say
McCain is  attacking him unfairly. Just over a third think both are
arrogant.
Obama leads  McCain by 46 percent to 42 percent when third-party candidates
are included,  with Ralph Nader getting 6 percent and Bob Barr, a former
GOP
congressman from  Georgia running for president as a Libertarian, getting 3
percent.
(John Anderson and Ross Perot both got into televised Presidential debates
because they met the then League of Women Voters' threshold of five
percent in
a  number of polls.)
___
The CNN-Opinion Research Corp. poll was conducted from July 27-29. It
included telephone interviews with 914 registered voters and had a
margin of
sampling error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.
COMPLETE RESULTS: http://www.cnn.com

We have it in our power to begin the world  over again –Thomas Paine