Vooruit ! (Oorsprong gevonden, deel 2 + Eurofiets-Plaatje)

Dr. Marc-Alexander Fluks fluks at DDS.NL
Mon Jun 6 18:55:01 CEST 2005

REPLY TO: D66 at nic.surfnet.nl

Ter aanvulling op,
   http://listserv.surfnet.nl/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0506&X=&L=d66&P=R16992
meer fiets-metafoor nieuws...

Op,
   http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/06/03/news/globalist.php
staat:
   The European bicycle finally teetered into a ditch.
   For decades, the metaphor of the bicycle held as a way to describe a
   sometimes wobbly European community beset by obstacles - de Gaulle's
   "Non" to Britain, Thatcher's "I want my money back," Jacques Chirac's
   advice to countries like Poland to "shut up" over Iraq - but able to
   stay upright by pedaling furiously toward ever closer union.
   No longer. The message of the French and Dutch rejection of a proposed
   European Union constitution is that this Europe is not the one desired.
   There's no point pedaling, the people of France and the Netherlands
   declared in unambiguous terms, because that is not where we want to go.

And how about this ?
   http://velorution.blogspot.com/Velorution%20-%20logo%20bicycle%20with%20euro%20star%20wheel.gif
Dit plaatje vond ik zo mooi/geestig dat ik het heb gecopieerd naar,
   http://www.fluks.dds.nl/euro/index.html

Marc Fluks, Amsterdam